Role: Project Lead and Analyst (Full-time, Permanent)
Reports to: Senior Manager
Posting date: Jul 27, 2023
Closing date: Open until role is filled
Spindle is a boutique strategy consulting firm focused on Canada’s knowledge ecosystem. Spindle is proud to be a certified member of the Canadian Aboriginal and Minority Suppliers Council. We work at the intersection of academia, government, the non-profit and private sectors to help channel research and innovation toward societal impact. Our clients are Canadian universities, research institutes, hospitals, start-ups, government agencies and non-profit organizations. Spindle’s core service areas are:
- Strategic Planning
- Business Planning
- Impact Evaluation
- Educational and Marketing Campaigns
Spindle offers an exciting and engaging workplace, with the opportunity to collaborate with Canada’s top researchers, academic administrators, industry executives and public-sector leaders to shape the growth, impact and strategic positioning of the country’s most prominent knowledge assets. Our work has been focused primarily in the health, wellbeing and biological sciences sectors.
Spindle is a whole-hearted and rigorous work environment scaffolded by a commitment to deep mentorship and training. We believe that each team member’s personal and professional happiness and growth is foundational to our ability to serve our clients.
About the Role
The Project Lead and Analyst will play a critical role both in the company’s ability to deliver outstanding services and also in helping to cement Spindle’s values and culture. The core responsibilities for this position are:
- Lead the execution of secondary research efforts (including benchmarking, competitive scans, landscape scans, gathering market intelligence etc.)
- Contribute to the execution of primary research efforts including surveys, consultations, workshops and focus groups with key informants
- Play a primary role in sense-making efforts including organizing and analyzing large amounts of intelligence in a methodical and explainable fashion and being able to distill meaningful and credible next steps, results, correlations, trends or insights from your research
- Contribute to the development of client deliverables including preparation of written reports and slide decks
- Maintain proposal development resources and coordinate the proposal development process including supporting the development of detailed project proposals for prospective clients as well as bid assembly and submission
- Support the maintenance of project maps and schedules as well as the coordination of meetings and consultations including performing small-scale and short turnaround background research to support consultations
- Contribute to Spindle’s corporate communications including social media posts and monthly newsletter
- Master’s degree preferably in a health-related discipline with experience in qualitative research
- At least 1-2 years of experience in a professional setting, preferably in a B2B service provider organization or role
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work in a highly dynamic and rigorous work environment, requiring intensive communication and collaboration with clients and colleagues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly proficient in Google Workspace (GoogleDocs, GoogleSlides, GoogleSheets) and strong digital literacy and comfort with digital platforms
- You are a high-performing conscientious individual who cares deeply about the quality of your work
- You are a highly organized and analytical person
- You pay great attention to detail and take the time to iterate and improve your outputs
- You are passionate about learning and developing expertise in new topics and ideas that are unfamiliar
- You thrive in dynamic, people-centred environments where collaboration, iterative improvement and team-work are essential
- You are comfortable with receiving and implementing feedback from other team members
- You are enthusiastic about seeking direction and have awareness of when to ask questions and what questions to ask in order to advance your work and project goals
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty and excited by innovative problem solving
- You are a genuine, compassionate and caring individual
- You have an outgoing, enthusiastic and positive disposition and outlook
- You demonstrate good judgment and self-awareness
Place of Work
We are a flexible, hybrid work environment. Our team works from Spindle’s central office, located in downtown Toronto (typically 2-3 days of the week, with COVID-19 safety protocols in place including proof of vaccination) as well as from home.
- $65,000-$70,000 per year
- Comprehensive extended family health benefits
- 3 weeks of vacation in addition to an office closure over the holidays
- Bonus eligibility of up to 10% of salary at the end of each year of employment, pending performance of employee and the company
Please forward a Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com.
Spindle thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Spindle is committed to a journey of cultural understanding and inclusion and we strive to embed diverse voices and perspectives into our own daily operations as a business, and also into the processes and practices we employ as part of our services to our clients.
Spindle is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, and provide a work environment that complies with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process. If you require any accommodations, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you don’t meet all of the requirements, but believe you would be an excellent fit for the position, we encourage you to apply.